Lancaster, CA 93535
Starting at $20.68/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in social services and property management functions to join our Housing Partnerships Program as a Housing Specialist in Southern Los Angeles County. This position will be work out of multiple PATH sites and provides field based work in Service Planning Area 1and 2, the San Fernando and Antelope Valley areas of LA County.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Housing Partnerships Program works to develop and maintain long-term housing partnerships with landlords and properties in Los Angeles and Southern California. This includes heading the development and real-time documentation of available housing resources, providing tenant and property mediation support, and spearheading best practices to develop relationships and rapport with the landlord community.
WHAT IS A HOUSING SPECIALIST?
With support and direction from the Housing Manager, the Housing Specialist provides landlord outreach and engagement services to develop a full range of permanent housing opportunities for individuals, families, youth and veterans experiencing homelessness. Responsibilities of the Housing Specialist Include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Cultivating and maintaining a robust list of available housing inventory
- Facilitating the housing process from unit acquisition through lease-up to ensure an efficient and timely experience for landlords and community-based organization (CBO) staff
- Providing strong customer service support to landlords and CBO staff during housing placement and regarding any concerns that arise
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of landlord mobilization and appreciation events
- Executing property inspections in accordance with PATH, LAHSA, and HUD procedures and standards
- Networking with agencies, coalitions and local community partners to develop on-going partnerships
- Creating and maintaining property and landlord portfolios
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate experience with property management and real estate functions including knowledge of supportive housing, housing markets, city planning and/or public policy
- Have experience and are proficient with Salesforce CRM and Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, and local Fair Housing laws
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Specialist must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Have at least 2 years of experience working in social services, populations in crisis including the homeless and people with disabilities, property management and/or real estate functions.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1944
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.