Case Manager III – WPW
Lemon Grove, CA 91945
Starting at $19.24/hr. - $21.63/hr. + 5% Contract Differential
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about making a difference in the lives of others to join our San Diego WPW Program as a Case Manager. This is a full-time, temporary role with the potential to transfer to another program or position within PATH upon its conclusion and an anticipated end date of 6/30/2021.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Whole Person Wellness (WPW) program provides comprehensive care coordination services to high utilizers of health care services. WPW services are facilitated by a multidisciplinary Service Integration Team (SIT) that includes clinicians, peer support specialists, case managers, and housing specialists. SIT’s provide a holistic approach to linking program participants to services that will improve their wellness and housing stability through street outreach, system navigation, and housing navigation services.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
As part of the WPW SIT, the Case Manager provides field-based individualized case management support to participants in the program. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing supportive case management services including independent living skills, housing location and stabilization, community integration, employment linkage, benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for health, mental health and substance use.
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans that address short- and long-term goals and barriers to obtaining housing
- Providing on-going case management support to ensure treatment plan progress and that goals are met or adjusted as necessary
- Maintaining documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with housing navigation and case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques, and motivational interviewing
- Have experience with HMIS
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience providing intensive case management in homeless services, mental health, substance use/co-occurring disorders or with vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1941
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.