Program Manager – Zephyr PSH
San Diego, CA 90805
$60,000 - $65,000 Annually
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with supervisory experience in social services to join to join our new Mission Valley PSH site as the Program Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) sites provide individuals who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions with affordable housing and supportive services. Services are centralized and provided to clients living on-site to ensure ease of access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration. The Zephyr Apartments is a partnership development of the San Diego Housing Commission that serves formerly homeless Veterans by providing them with affordable housing and supportive services facilitated by PATH.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager is responsible for the general oversight of the Zephyr PSH program, including staff supervision and development, service delivery and program administration. Responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing oversight of the program contract to ensure successful implementation, coordination of services, achievement of performance measures, and service evaluation
- Collaborating with the Quality Assurance Department to ensure that the program is in compliance with the contract, partnership agreements, funding requirements, and stakeholder expectations
- Providing direct supervision and oversight for program staff including:
- Ensuring documentation quality and reporting accuracy
- Utilizing experience and expertise to supervise and train staff on the implementation and use of evidence-based practices effective with previously homeless individuals
- Providing regular feedback, guidance and service delivery support
- Conducting weekly meetings
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all program related matters
- Representing the Program by educating and networking with local agencies, community stakeholders and organizations, and local governments
- Managing all program reporting and auditing including review and authorization of reports prior to submittal, submitting monthly reports, and performing internal audits
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with advanced and evidenced based interventions, including engagement and rapport building with hard to reach clients, Harm Reduction and Motivational Interviewing strategies, Housing First, non-violent crisis intervention techniques and case management interventions effective with vulnerable populations
- Are strong leaders with a hands-on, lead-by-example approach and proven skills in staff training.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with a diverse range of individuals in a variety of settings to build collaborative relationships while maintaining cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technology, including basic office software and electronic databases.
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs.
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team.
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive.
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment.
For this role the Program Manger must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of supervisory experience in homeless services or working with vulnerable populations.
- Hold a Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends.
- Have employment eligibility verification.
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license.
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage.
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1938
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.