Healthcare Case Manager
San Diego, CA 92101
$24.04/hr. - 29.21/hr.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking master’s level (MSW or MFT) candidates with experience in healthcare or social services to join our San Diego Veteran and Community Innovations team as a Healthcare Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s San Diego Veteran and Community Innovations Program provides a full range of supportive services to participating Veterans who are currently experiencing or have experienced homelessness to promote obtaining, maintaining and stabilizing in housing.
WHAT IS A HEALTHCARE CASE MANAGER?
The Healthcare Case Manager works as part of the Veteran and Community Innovations Program’s multidisciplinary team to provide specialized case management related to obtaining and maintaining necessary healthcare services. Responsibilities of the Healthcare Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting assessments in collaboration with the program team, Veterans, and their families to determine appropriate service needs and support to reduce barriers to obtaining and maintaining care
- Working with Veterans to assist with communication regarding their care preferences and health goals to facilitate shared decision making
- Serving as an educational resource for Veterans and their families regarding any health-related information necessary to achieve goals
- Providing on-going specialized case management support including care coordination, health coaching, advocacy with community health care providers and providing referrals to any other resources necessary to obtaining and maintaining care
- Coordinating referrals to ensure access to healthcare and maximize available resources
- Serving as a subject matter expert on community resources related to Veteran healthcare needs
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals in a culturally sensitive manner
- Demonstrate proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite and electronic databases
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Healthcare Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be as Master’s Level Social worker (MSW or MFT)
- Have at least 2 years of experience in healthcare or social services area of practice
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1933
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.