Project Manager - PATH Ventures
San Jose, CA 95113
Staring at $80,000 annually DOE
PATH Ventures is seeking well-qualified professionals with experience in affordable housing real estate development to join our mission to end homelessness as we expand our operations in the San Jose Region. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization known for its ability to innovate and make a positive impact in the California Community!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Recognizing that homelessness is fundamentally a housing issue, PATH Ventures (PV) was founded in 2007 by PATH (People Assisting The Homeless), the largest provider of homeless services in California, to further its mission to end homelessness. PV is now a maturing non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing with projects throughout California. These developments provide affordable rental homes for homeless individuals and families and wraparound supportive services that assist residents with community reintegration, increasing their independence, and achieving long-term housing long-term stability.
WHAT IS A PROJECT MANAGER?
Under the direction of the Director of Real Estate Development, the Project Manager is responsible for coordinating a full-range of activities to manage the financing, construction, and lease-up process of PATH Ventures projects in the San Jose Region. Responsibilities of the Project Manage include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Managing and directing all phases of project development including:
- Selecting and building consultant teams
- Design development
- Community engagement
- Securing entitlements
- Service Planning Development
- Managing and coordinating all aspects of joint venture developments
- Coordinating with asset management, property management, and services teams during development to ensure smooth tenant relations
- Managing the transition to the operations teams upon project completion
- Evaluating reports, decisions and results of the Real Estate Development team and making recommendations for continual improvement
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience in all aspects of affordable housing real estate development including financing, entitlement and design, construction, lease-up and operations
- Are committed to the mission of providing affordable homes and supportive services to our state’s most vulnerable populations
- Effectively analyze complex data and make appropriate recommendations based on findings
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a team-building spirit
- Problem-solve with an entrepreneurial and creative approach
- Are well-organized and detail-orientated
- Demonstrate proficiency with sophisticated real-estate finance analysis, project management software and basic office software such as Microsoft Word
- Display excellent communication skills including public speaking and through written and verbal communications
For this role the Project Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of experience in housing development, business finance, urban planning or related field, preferably within a non-profit, government or private financial institution
- A relevant Master’s Degree with at least 1 year of experience in hosing development, business finance, urban planning or related field.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1926
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.