Direct Care Monitor – WLA Interim Housing
Los Angeles, CA 90065
Starting at $15.36/hr up to $21.64/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking dedicated candidates with experience in homeless services to join our West Los Angeles Interim Housing Program as a part-time Direct Care Monitor. This position is for the overnight shift with the hours of 12:00 am (midnight) to 8:00 am, five days a week.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing Program in West Los Angeles focuses on servicing veterans using the Harm Reduction model. Case management in this program is recovery orientated and integrates evidence-based practices to assist individuals with long-term housing sustainability
WHAT IS A DIRECT CARE MONITOR?
The Direct Care Monitor works alongside the fellow staff to assist with overseeing the Interim Housing Program to ensure clients are provided with the support, services and environment necessary to break the cycle of homelessness. Responsibilities of the Direct Care Monitor include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Collaborating with the team to develop, monitor, and assist with the progress individualized care plans that address clients’ short- and long-term goals
- Meeting on a regular basis with veterans to provide supportive case management services that address health, functional, and substance use barriers to help clients obtain and maintain housing
- Providing intentional case management supports that move the client from a high intensity level of service to a more independent, recovery-focused level of service
- Supporting veterans who have difficulty with sobriety in making safer choices
- Identifying permanent supportive housing units and working closely with individuals to move them from street to home as quickly as possible using a Housing First approach.
- Transporting passengers and their personal possessions to destination in a safe and courteous manner
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience in homeless services, case management, mental health and/or permanent supportive housing
- Are able and willing to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Direct Care Monitor must:
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1925
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.