Associate Director – ICMS
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $62,000 DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking social services leaders with experience supervising the delivery of services to vulnerable populations to join our ICMS Programs in Los Angeles as the Associate Director.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our ICMS (Intensive Case Management Services) Programs in provide over 400 individuals experiencing homelessness and with chronic medical conditions or co-occurring disorders in the Los Angeles community. Programs falling under this umbrella include Re-Entry ICMS, the Harbor UCLA Homeless Outreach Task Force, and the Health Homes Program, as well as others.
WHAT IS AN ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR?
The Associate Director of ICMS provides administrative and supervisory oversight for their assigned programs and assists with the provision of direct client services as necessary. Responsibilities of the Associate Director include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Program Management & Oversight
- Collaborating with the Director to provide oversight of program elements to ensure successful implementation, coordination of services and achievement of performance measures
- Collaborating with the Quality Assurance Department to ensure that programs are in compliance with contracts, obligations, stakeholder expectations and PATH standards
- Providing administrative oversight to programs including the monitoring of budgets, documentation quality and reporting
- Program Development
- Cultivating relationships with prospective partners and funders that contribute towards the growth of the program
- Collaborating with PATH's development team to strategize on funding opportunities and writing grant proposals
- Assisting with and overseeing program start up to ensure standards are maintained and sustainable long-term
- Staff Support & Development
- Providing supervision to all staff within the assigned programs
- Assisting program managers with on-going workload assignments and adjusting project or program priorities
- Facilitating professional development by providing training, regular feedback, and performance evaluations
- Program Outreach
- Educating, networking with and representing the program to local agencies, coalitions, neighbors, community stakeholders, law enforcement, local governments and other external organizations or parties
- Building relationships and collaborating with community providers to ensure seamless referrals and services
- Reports, Contracts & Compliance
- Reviewing and authorizing all program and contract reports prior to submittal
- Performing periodic internal audits and ensuring that all documentation handled in accordance with contractual obligations and PATH standards
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Are familiar and comfortable working with issues related to homelessness, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, co-occurring disorders and history of trauma
- Have experience and familiarity with:
- Engagement and rapport building with hard to reach clients
- Field-based case management interventions
- Evidence-based practices for chronically homeless individuals such as Housing First, harm reduction and critical time intervention
- Working with program funders
- Analyzing program procedures and practices to identify barrier and impediments to achieving goals and making recommendations for correction
- Demonstrate knowledge of program management, including the preparation and monitoring of budgets
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills including strong skills in written and verbal communication and the ability to represent the interests of the agency and build effective working relationships with a diverse range of individuals
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrate strong command of technology including proficiency with Microsoft Office, HMIS and any other software or databases used to track work outputs
For this role the Associate Director must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have four (4) years of related professional experience
- Have two (2) years of supervisory experience in homeless services or related social services field with strong skills in staff development, program development and the implementation of policies and procedures
- Have experience with outreach and/or case management with highly vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1922
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.