Los Angeles, CA 90004
$20.20/hr - $24.52/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking qualified and tech-savvy social services professionals with experience managing and planning agency-wide trainings to join our Quality Assurance team as the Training Coordinator.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Quality Assurance and Compliance Department (QAC) oversees both contract and programmatic compliance by ensuring standards are outlined and implemented according to internal and external compliance expectations. The QAC supports 11 programmatic departments and over 100 government contracts, collaborating with program teams to develop, implement and analyze program performance to ensure the quality and compliance of PATH programs.
WHAT IS A TRAINING COORDINATOR?
As part of the QAC team, the Training Coordinator assists in ensuring program compliance and the upmost quality of services delivered by promoting and supporting a culture of continuous learning at PATH. In collaboration with leadership, the Training Coordinator develops, maintains, and executes systems and procedures for managing training activities across multiple sites throughout California.
Responsibilities of the Training Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Planning, scheduling and tracking participation in trainings throughout the agency to ensure all requirements are met
- Monitoring, reporting and producing records of staff training and certification according to PATH and contractual standards
- Maintaining a master calendar of trainings for the agency and providing regular communications regarding the training program
- Maintaining and administering PATH’s learning management system (LMS) including creating training plans, providing troubleshooting support to staff, and ensuring the accuracy of records
- Coordinating the delivery of all trainings for the agency including coordinating with trainers, providing resources and materials, room reservation, setting up A/V equipment, and supporting registration
- Assisting with updating and creating training manuals
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred with 2-3 years of related job function or industry experience such as non-profit administration, training coordination or training management
- Have experience coordinating or managing agency wide trainings in a homeless services or social services setting and designing and developing training materials
- Experience implementing and administering a LMS system highly preferred
- Demonstrate strong project management, time management, prioritization and organization skills while always maintaining attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as well strong customer service orientation
- Tech savvy with the ability to troubleshoot and assist those new to online systems
- Effectively exercise independent judgement, critical thinking and problem solving within accepted practices and make appropriate recommendations when necessary
- Demonstrate the ability to set clear goals and set action plans
- Have a high level of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm
- Proficiently collect, analyze, evaluate, and report complex data
- Demonstrate proficiency with technology and software including database systems and Microsoft Office, especially mastery of Word and Excel
For this role the Training Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a related job function or industry experience such as non-profit administration, training coordination or training management
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1920
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.