Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $19.24/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking administrative professionals with proven success supporting multiple functions in a fast-paced environment to join our team as an Administrative Associate. This position also serves as the face of our Executive Offices in Los Angeles, so a passion for our mission to end homelessness and the ability to interact positively and professionally with a diverse range of individuals at all levels is a must!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Part of the PATH Metro Villas Campus, PATH’s Executive Offices sit in our Los Angeles regional headquarters and are home to the support departments for the entire organization. The campus also serves as a community hub for our field-based programs throughout the LA metro and includes two permanent supportive housing developments and an interim housing site.
WHAT IS AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE?
In addition to overseeing reception for our Executive Offices, the Administrative Associate provides general support to staff at the regional headquarters and handles duties to specifically support PATH’s Executive Team. Responsibilities of the Administrative Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Performing general office duties including, but not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Clerical tasks such as data entry and filing
- Copying, scanning, and faxing documents
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment
- Answering inquires, including handling PATH’s general email inbox
- Handling, organizing, and distributing incoming mail and deliveries
- Managing calendars for the conference rooms
- Providing general administrative support and assistance to PATH departments and staff including, but not limited to:
- Drafting and proofreading correspondences and other documentation
- Meeting planning and coordination
- Taking minutes
- Reconciling credit card statements
- Conducting research
- Managing calendars for PATH leadership
- Implementing, assisting with, and monitoring the completion of special projects as requested
- Assisting with the development of forms, procedures, and manuals for the Administration team
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Effectively interact and work with individuals from diverse range of backgrounds including clients, guests, and staff at all levels of the organization
- Possess understanding of or experience with working with the homeless community and familiarity with issues relevant to homelessness
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and follow instructions
- Have a strong attention to detail, prioritization, organization, and time management skills.
- Maintain the versatility and flexibility to coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure, fast-paced professional environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement and a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with technology, including computers, office equipment, Microsoft Office Software and the ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Maintain and execute confidential or sensitive information with a high level of discretion and in compliance with all applicable standards
For this role the Administrative Associate must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree and have at least three (3) years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1900
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.