Santa Ana, CA 92704
Starting at $21.16/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates with proven experience in the substance abuse field to join our team as a Substance Abuse Specialist for our new interim housing site, the Yale Navigation Center, in Santa Ana.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The new Yale Navigation Center is a 425 bed interim housing site that will provide shelter and supportive services for individuals experiencing homelessness in Orange County. PATH's Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A SUBSTANCE ABUSE SPECIALIST?
The Substance Abuse Specialist works under the supervision of the Program Manager as part of a multidisciplinary team at the Interim Housing site and utilize the harm reduction model to identify positive interventions to improve program participants’ quality of life. Responsibilities of the Harm Reduction Specialist Include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Performing initial substance use assessments and developing treatment plans that address all client needs including case management services, substance use treatment, mental health services and community services
- Providing on-going case management support to assess progress in treatment plans and make changes as necessary
- Meeting with participants at a minimum of twice monthly to provide therapeutic supportive case management services
- Providing crisis intervention services focused in enhancing client independence
- Providing intentional case management supports that move the client from a high intensity level of service to a more independent, recovery focused level
- Executing and maintaining documentation according to PATH policies and programmatic obligations
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have a background with proven experience working within a Harm Reduction framework including:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least two years of experience providing substance use case management services in a non-profit, for profit, government, or public service environment
- Harm Reduction and/or SUD specialists with a Bachelor’s level education
- An Associate’s degree with SUD credentialing
- Individuals with lived experience and SUD credentialing
- Have homeless services, case management, mental health, and interim housing experience
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA Standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Substance Abuse Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1917
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.