Outreach Coordinator – South County Programs
Long Beach, CA 90805
$21.16/hr - $25.71/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with a strong understanding of outreach, engagement, and case management practices to join our South County Programs as an Outreach Coordinator.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Street Outreach programs work to engage individuals who are currently homeless and living on the streets in an effort to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH COORDINATOR?
The Outreach Coordinator works with PATH program leadership and community Coordinated Entry System (CES) partners to ensure full geographic coverage of homeless outreach services within the Service Planning Area (SPA) 7 in Los Angeles County. Responsibilities of the Outreach Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Working with the CES Coordinator to develop strategies to increase awareness and effective use of the CES by service providers and the community
- Responding to outreach requests and sending follow-up information to the requestor and supervisor within the required timeframes
- Representing PATH at community and provider meetings
- Engaging with and assessing the capabilities of community groups and other non-professional outreach teams
- Working with street outreach teams and first responders to establish best practices for identifying and working with individuals with a history of being disconnected from community resources
- Identifying potentially underserved geographic areas and hotspots to target for coordinated outreach activities
- Collaborating with program leadership to support building the capacity and developing the outreach teams
- Facilitating outreach meetings with teams serving the SPA
- Maintaining complete and accurate documentation of services, objectives, and outcomes
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with outreach and case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques, and motivational interviewing
- Have experience in street outreach serving highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health, and substance use issues
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA and agency standards
- Have experience with HMIS
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 1 year of experience working with individuals who are chronically homeless
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1908
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.