Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates with experience in working in payroll to join our growing Human Resources Department as a Payroll Coordinator. This position assists with the payroll functions for all of our operations throughout California, so keen attention to detail, great interpersonal skills, a strong sense of urgency, and a solid understanding of HR practices and employment laws are a must!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Recognizing that homelessness is fundamentally a housing issue, PATH founded PATH Ventures (PV) in 2007, a non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing. PV possesses an ownership interest via limited partnerships in over a dozen residential communities plus several projects in active predevelopment.
WHAT IS A PAYROLL COORDINATOR?
The Payroll Coordinator assists PATH’s Payroll Specialist in ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and legal compliance of PATH’s payroll and payroll records. Responsibilities of the Payroll Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Reviewing employee timesheets and following the established closing procedures
- Running and reviewing time and attendance reports for accuracy
- Ensuring and maintaining the accuracy of employee payroll files
- Verifying direct deposit changes
- Completing EDD Benefit Audit forms
- Completing post-payroll processing and handling paycheck distribution
- Processing wage garnishments
- Assisting with payroll audits, benefit reconciliation and payroll training for staff
- Generating reports
- Handling employee questions and resolving payroll related issues
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written verbal communication skills
- Build effective working relationships with both employees and vendors
- Have keen attention to detail
- Have excellent time management skills and the flexibility to shift priorities as needed
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency to resolve payroll issues
- Have a strong command of technology, especially intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
For this role the Payroll Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a payroll department or working with employee timecards.
- Have experience working with a payroll system
- Knowledge of California Wage and Hour laws
- General knowledge of Human Resources and employment laws
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1899
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.