Lead Case Manager – South County Programs
Long Beach, CA 90805
$44,000 - $64,350 annually DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates with case management or street outreach experience to join our South Bay Intensive Street Team as an Street Based Intensive Lead Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s South Bay Street Outreach Program utilizes our Street Outreach Integrated Care approach to provide outreach, engagement and case management services to quickly assess and link clients to long-term housing, health, mental health and other supportive services. Services are delivered by the South Bay Intensive Street team that is comprised of case managers, substance abuse and mental health specialists, and medical providers.
WHAT IS A LEAD CASE MANAGER?
In collaboration with the Program Manager, the Lead Case Manager provides leadership and promotes high-quality service delivery within the Street Based Intensive program. In addition to assisting the Program Manager with the oversight and development of the program, the Lead Case Manager also
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing field-based case management services including, but not limited to: Independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for substance abuse, primary and mental health care, and all other services needed to assist clients in reaching their treatment plan goals.
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans that address short term and long-term goals.
- Conducting a full VI-SPDAT (Vulnerability Index- Service Prioritization Decisions Assistance Tool) and Individual Service Plan (ISP) development as needed
- Offering clinical support, training and oversight of intensive case management program including being available for clinical consultation for outreach and programming as needed
- Providing referrals and linkages to primary and behavioral health services and other supportive services
- Providing on-going case management support to assess progress and ensure treatment plan outcomes are met or changed as needed
- Assist with housing applications, complete supportive and subsidized housing paperwork, survey rental market for affordable housing
- Work collaboratively with the street-based team to foster working relationships with public and private service agencies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques, including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing.
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Lead Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have a minimum of 3 years of cumulative experience in case management
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site at www.epath.org/careers and search for JR# 1887
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.