Lead Case Manager – Family Services
Los Angeles, CA 90018
$23.56/hr - $25.79/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking experienced social services professionals passionate about making an impact in the LA community to join our Family Services Team as a Lead Case Manager. This position will be based out of the Family Solutions Center in Los Angeles.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Family Solutions Center (FSC) Program serves families with children who are literally homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness. The FSC is designed to provide a centralized point of access for families in need of crisis services/shelter placement, rapid re-housing/permanent housing placement, and linkages with schools, employment, physical and mental health care, and other supportive services.
WHAT IS A LEAD CASE MANAGER?
As part of the FSC team, the Lead Case Manager works under the supervision of the Program Manager to provide leadership and promote high-quality service delivery within the program. In addition to assisting the Program Manager with the oversight and development of the program, the Lead Case Manager also carries a reduced direct client case load. Responsibilities of the Lead Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Supporting the Program Manager by monitoring and reviewing program documentation for quality, including the approval of ISP plans and ensuring case notes are in compliance, and ensuring correction are made as necessary
- Contributing to monthly internal monitoring reviews
- Serving as go-to for case managers needing support with ad hoc case conferencing
- Conducting intake and individualized needs assessments and collaborating with guests to develop an Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining services, housing and healthcare
- Facilitating psychosocial rehabilitation groups for guests as required
- Providing on-going case management support such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining necessary personal identification and records
- Employment assistance and linkage
- Housing referral, location, advocacy and application
- Providing linkage and coordination support for any services necessary to achieve ISP goals
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have leadership aptitude and a lead-by-example work style
- Enjoy and seek opportunities to help others grow, learn and develop
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience with evidenced-based case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have 8 years of relevant experience OR and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1879
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.