Respite Care Case Manger - WPW
San Diego, CA 92101
$19.25/hr – $21.64/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates with case management and medical assistance experience to join our San Diego WPW Program as a Respite Care Case Manager for the remainder of the program currently anticipated to end on 6/30/2021.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Whole Person Wellness (WPW) program provides comprehensive care coordination services to high utilizers of health care services. WPW services are facilitated by a multidisciplinary Service Integration Team (SIT) that includes clinicians, peer support specialists, case managers, and housing specialists. The respite bed program focuses on physical recovery, mental health recovery, addressing functional barriers, and strengthening community linkages so the client can fully integrate into the community upon exiting the program.
WHAT IS A RESPITE CARE CASE MANAGER?
The Respite Care Case Manager (RCCM) provides case management services to clients, referred to as residents, entering into PATH’s respite bed program through the WPW program. The RCCM works closely with the WPW SIT to ensure care coordination and the needs of the client are met. Responsibilities of the RCCM include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake and individualized needs assessments Collaborating with guests to develop an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that addresses barriers to obtaining services, housing and healthcare
- Communicating with established clients on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of ISP plans
- Providing on-going case management support such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining necessary personal identification and records
- Employment assistance and linkage
- Housing referral, location, advocacy and application assistance
- Developing personal budgets and reviewing them on a monthly basis
- Providing linkage and coordination support for any services necessary to achieve ISP goals
- Promoting through example the interim housing established values, guidelines and rules
- Collaborating with the WPW SIT and WPW nursing staff to ensure care coordination and establish medical related services as applicable
- Maintain accurate documentation as dictated by PATH polices and program contracts
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience and education related to nursing, medical assistance or nursing assistance preferred
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Respite Care Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and have at least 1 year of experience working with vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health and substance abuse issues
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1875
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.