Lead Case Manager – Villas at Gower
Los Angeles, CA
Starting at $24.00/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking social services professionals ready to take the next step in their career to join our mission to end homelessness as the Lead Case Manager for the PATH Villas at Gower PSH location.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Permanent Supportive Services (PSS) programs provide person-centered, culturally competent supportive services and intensive case management services (ICMS) to Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) residents who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. Services are centralized and provided to clients living on-site to ensure ease of access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration.
WHAT IS A LEAD CASE MANAGER?
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Lead Case Manager provides administrative supervision, oversight and case consultation for the ICMS team. Responsibilities of the Lead Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing administrative oversight for the program, including ensuring successful delivery and coordination of client services, quality and accuracy of documentation, achievement of performance measures and service evaluation
- Providing regular guidance on service delivery to staff and serving as the go-to for case managers needing support with ad hoc case conferencing
- Facilitating daily staff check-ins and conferencing to review cases and ensure that services align with the contract
- Carrying a reduced caseload and providing on-going case management support to assess progress and ensure treatment plan outcomes are met or changed as needed.
- Collaborating with the Program Manager to provide training and feedback to program staff
- Operating as the site-based point of contact for program matters
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have worked or lived experience in homeless services, case management, health services, mental health, substance use disorders, or permanent supportive housing
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Lead Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, or related field OR have at least three (3) years of relevant professional experience
- Be able and willing to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1874
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.