Director of Housing Initiatives
San Diego, CA 92101
Starting at $95,000 annually
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking an experienced social services leader with a proven success in serving vulnerable populations to join our team in San Diego as the Director of Housing Initiatives. This an excellent opportunity to help lead a rapidly growing organization of passionate people working to make a difference in our community!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH operates a diverse range of housing-based programs in San Diego designed to meet the specific needs of individuals and families experiencing homelessness in the community. These programs provide a variety of services designed to promote long-term housing stability and include Interim Housing, Permanent Supportive Housing, Rapid Re-Housing and Veteran Initiatives.
WHAT IS THE DIRECTOR OF HOUSING INITIATIVES?
The Director of Housing Initiatives provides oversight for all the housing-based programs in San Diego and partners with other PATH leaders to enhance and expand our services in the region. Responsibilities of the Director of Housing include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Administering and overseeing the housing programs and their staff
- Ensuring that programs incorporate evidence-based practices and that services provided meet PATH’s standards of excellence and any contractual obligations
- Collaborating with other PATH departments to implement and oversee facility, personnel and program aspects of the assigned programs
- Overseeing and managing program and facility budgets and assisting with modifying budgets as necessary
- Program Management
- Providing supervision, leadership, and guidance to Associate Directors, Program Managers, other direct reports, and program staff
- Identifying staff development needs and addressing those needs with appropriate trainings and opportunities for professional development
- Analyzing program reports and data to identify trends and make projections and recommendations for improvements
- Overseeing the implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and practices that are in alignment with PATH and program contract standards
- Reports Contract & Compliance
- Reviewing and authorizing all program and contract reports prior to submittal
- Reviewing and explaining contract scopes and services to staff
- Performing periodic internal audits
- Participating in all monitoring site visits and develop systems to address any findings or recommendations
- Government & Community Engagement
- Collaborating with the other San Diego leaders to build strong relationships with city, county, and other government entities and funders
- Representing PATH as a leader in homeless services by networking with and educating local stakeholders and the community
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience working in a residential or permanent supportive housing environment
- Demonstrate the ability to lead large-scale program and system changes
- Are proficient with technology and have a strong command of Microsoft Office and database systems
- Have experience with grant writing, fundraising, and donor cultivation
- Effectively manage and analyze detailed reports and clearly present data to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, organizational, effective time management, and decision-making skills
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure, fast-paced professional environment
For this role the Director of Housing Initiatives must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or other social services field
- Have five (5) of supervisory experience with demonstrated success managing programs and staff
- Have experience working with people experiencing homelessness or vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1898
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.