Outreach Worker III – Veteran Services - SSVF
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $17.31/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in social services to join our SSVF Program as an Outreach Worker.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program works to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning into permanent housing. The SSVF program focuses heavily on linking Veterans to resources provided by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH WORKER?
As part of the multidisciplinary SSVF team, the Outreach Worker provides field-based engagement and supportive services. Outreach workers identify and prepare eligible Veterans and their families for subsequent programming that will assist them in obtaining and stabilizing in housing long-term. Responsibilities of the Outreach Worker include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Working to develop and establish positive rapport with clients to effectively assist them with their long- and short-term goals.
- Providing field-based services including initial assessments, linkage to resources, community providers and employment, and assistance with gathering documentation and benefits establishment
- Providing on-going support to assess progress and ensure goal outcomes are met or changed as needed
- Providing strengths-based service coordination designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Maintaining documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with outreach techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Worker must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of relevant experience in social services; experience in outreach strongly preferred
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1863
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.