Director of Grants
Starting at $95,000
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking grant writing professionals to join our mission to end homelessness as the Director of Grants. This position serves the organization statewide and is open candidates throughout the state who are able to be based in one of our regional offices in either Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose or Santa Barbara.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS THE DIRECTOR OF GRANTS?
In partnership with the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Director of Grants works to achieve PATH’s revenue goals through grant funding by managing and overseeing all aspects of the foundation and corporate giving strategy. Responsibilities of the Director of Grants include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Overseeing all grant writing, research and reporting activities including maintaining the grants strategy plan, calendar and overseeing monthly reports
- Developing and writing compelling proposals and reviewing and editing proposals from staff
- Managing the day-to-day activities of grants associates including assigning and providing oversight for work
- Creating, implementing and overseeing long-term strategies for grant procurement and increase overall fundraising outcomes
- Creating and managing effective strategies to increase fundraising from private foundations and corporate funding sources including identifying new funding sources
- Coordinating site visits and interacting with current or potential funders
- Providing guidance and project management to program staff when crafting new proposals
- Develop and maintaining monthly cash flow projections and preparing quarterly reports on grant activity
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present to groups
- Display exceptional skills in organization and administration and maintain strong attention to detail
- Think strategically and effectively plan, set goals and objectives and follow through
- Effectively network and build relationships with a diverse range of individuals including all levels of staff, board members, and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate experience supervising and managing staff
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Director of Grants must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Have at least 5 years of grant writing experience
- Have a demonstrated history of securing six-figure foundation and corporate grants and seven-figure government grants
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1862
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.