Care Coordinator – Health Homes
San Diego, CA 92101
$19.24/hr - $20.19/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in healthcare, case management or homeless services to join our Health Homes Program in San Diego as a Care Coordinator.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Health Homes Program (HHP) in San Diego provides eligible Medi-Cal beneficiaries that are experiencing or at risk of homelessness with enhanced care management and coordination services. HPP coordinates a full range of physical health, behavioral health, and community-based services to ensure the individuals served have access and receive the services necessary to address their complex medical needs and chronic conditions.
WHAT IS A CARE COORDINATOR?
As part of the HHP team, the Care Coordinator leads the provision and coordination of services and provides direct services for HHP participants in their assigned case load. Responsibilities of the Care Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting initial assessments and periodic reassessments of clients’ needs
- Developing patient-focused care plans in partnership with other providers and the client
- Providing all necessary and indicated direct and referral services to clients and collateral persons, such as their children
- Working with medical staff to develop, implement, and coordinate care plans for clients with chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, behavioral health conditions and HIV
- Coordinating services with internal and external service providers through regular case conferencing
- Monitoring and providing on-going support, referrals, and information to ensure clients have access to indicated services and adhere to care plans including assistance with scheduling and medication refills and providing appropriate health education
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Execute and maintain confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of chronic medical conditions, mental illness, substance use, and homelessness
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Demonstrate strong skills technology including electronic health record systems and Microsoft Software; Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel highly desired
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Care Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology or related field; Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferred
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours as needed including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1860
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.