Residential Service Coordinator - Zephyr PSH
San Diego, CA 92120
$20.19/hr - $21.63/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with case management and social services experience to join our PSH team at the Zephyr Apartments in San Diego.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) sites provide individuals who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions with affordable housing and supportive services. Services are centralized and provided to clients living on-site to ensure ease of access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration. The Zephyr Apartments is a partnership development of the San Diego Housing Commission that serves formerly homeless Veterans by providing them with affordable housing and supportive services facilitated by PATH.
WHAT IS A RESIDENTIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR?
As part of the multidisciplinary PSH team, the Residential Service Coordinator provides residents with individualized support and service coordination to promote long-term housing stability by ensuring access to identified necessary services through a coordinated system. Responsibilities of the Residential Service Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake and individualized needs assessments for all residents
- Collaborating with residents and PSH staff to develop individualized service plans (ISP) that address maintaining stable housing, maintaining or increasing income, and other identified personal goals
- Meeting with residents on a monthly basis to review, evaluate and support he completion of ISP goals
- Providing on-going case management support as needed such as assistance with gathering documentation, assistance with benefit application and establishment, employment linkage and referrals to community providers
- Scheduling and conducting new tenant orientations
- Developing relationships with residents and community partners that enhance efforts to engage and retain individuals in permanent housing
- Identifying and securing community resources that promote housing stability for clients and providing resource support to case management staff
- Maintaining, monitoring and producing documentation and reporting related to the program in compliance with PATH and contract policies, standards and obligations
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have at least 2 years of case management experience
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have training in motivational interviewing, trauma informed care and other evidence based practices
- Demonstrate technology proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Have experience with HMIS
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Residential Service Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of an Bachelor's Degree in a human services related field (Master's Degree preferred)
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1855
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.