Outreach Case Manager II
San Jose, CA 95112
$20.19/hr - $21.63/hr DOE + 12% Locality Pay Differential (Gross earnings of $22.61/hr - $24.22/hr DOE)
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with relevant education or experience to join out San Jose Programs as an Outreach Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vison coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and a retirement plan. Our positions in San Jose also receive a 12% locality pay differential on top of their base wages.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Street Outreach programs work to engage individuals who are currently homeless and living on the streets in an effort to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH CASE MANAGER?
Outreach Case Managers serve as one of the first points of contact for homeless clients in the Los Angeles community. Utilizing PATH’s street outreach integrated approach, they provide both outreach and engagement and case management interventions to quickly assess and link clients who are currently homeless and living on the streets with supportive services. Responsibilities of the Outreach Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting daily street outreach to develop relationships and build rapport in the interest of assisting clients with addressing barriers to obtaining services, housing and health care
- Meeting with established clients on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of their goals
- Providing street case management services by bringing services to clients in the community with the goal of linking them to long term supportive services. This includes:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining personal identification documents
- Providing employment linkages and assistance
- Housing referrals
- Healthcare related assistance
- Other referrals as necessary to ensure all client needs are met
- Building relationships and collaborating with community providers for substance abuse and mental health services to ensure seamless transitions from street outreach to long-term services
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR have at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with advanced and evidenced based interventions including engagement and rapport building with hard to reach clients, harm reduction and motivational interviewing strategies, housing first, non-violent crisis interventions and interventions effective with vulnerable populations
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1854
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.