Los Angeles, CA 90004
$24/hr - $30.94/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking qualified candidates to take a leadership role in our Veteran Services SSVF program in Los Angeles as a Team Supervisor. This position is a great opportunity for social services professionals looking to take the next step in their career.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s SSVF Programs work to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning into permanent housing. The SSVF program focuses heavily on linking Veterans to resources provided by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program.
WHAT IS A TEAM SUPERVISOR?
The Team Supervisor oversees a team of SSVF staff who provide recovery orientated and outreach services to Veterans experiencing homelessness. Depending on the needs of the program, the Team Supervisor may also provide direct client services to program participants. Responsibilities of the Team Supervisor include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing guidance and direction to direct-service staff including approving timesheets and leave requests
- Overseeing and monitoring all elements of participant services in the program to ensure effective delivery of services and compliance with program contracts and PATH procedural standards
- Assigning and adjusting workloads
- Facilitating case conferencing and the development of action plans to resolve case-specific issues
- Presenting program data to the Program Manager
- Handling employee performance management in partnership with the Program Manager
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques, and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Are technology proficient
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a variety of settings with diverse communities and be culturally sensitive and appropriate
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Team Supervisor must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a relevant field with a work history that demonstrates growth in responsibility and knowledge
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills with a hands-on, lead by example work style
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1845
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.