Community Affairs Associate
Santa Ana, CA 92704
$19.24/hr - $20.68/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with non-profit community engagement experience to join our team as the Community Affairs Associate for the new Yale Transitional Center in Santa Ana.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The new Yale Transitional Center is a 425-bed interim housing site that will provide shelter and supportive services for individuals experiencing homelessness in Orange County. PATH's Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY AFFAIRS ASSOCIATE?
The Community Affairs Associate will coordinate and manage all volunteer and community engagement activities for the interim housing site in Santa Ana. Responsibilities of the Community Affairs Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Establishing and maintaining a volunteer program for the site including the recruitment, retention and scheduling of volunteers
- Managing, facilitating and developing donation partnerships
- Conducting strategic community outreach to educate stakeholders, engage volunteers and create partnerships
- Managing and maintaining the on-site kitchen including handling operational requirements, ensuring proper training for volunteers, monitoring costs, and compiling menus
- Managing and monitoring the volunteer and donor database
- Evaluating volunteer activities and collaborating with staff to ensure volunteer activities serve to meet the needs of clients
- Supporting the Development Department in creating and managing effective strategies and giving opportunities in Orange County
- Creating and managing in-house special events and supporting community members and volunteers with 3rd party events
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Have experience in community outreach in homeless services
- Demonstrate proficiency with technology including strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite especially Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar donor management software
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Community Affairs Associate must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have experience in non-profit development, community outreach or volunteer management
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1820
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.