Program Manager – ICMS
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $58,240 annually.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with leadership experience in homeless services to join our PSS team as the ICMS Program Manager for in Los Angeles. This position oversees programs that fall under the ICMS umbrella, including scattered sites and other special projects.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) Programs provide long-term supportive services to individuals experiencing homelessness that have been referred by the Department Health Services (DHS). These individuals have been identified by the DHS as potential beneficiaries of intensive support because of their active homeless status, heavy utilization of the hospital and outpatient system, chronic medical conditions and co-occurring disorders.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager ensures the successful delivery of high-quality services within the ICMS programs by providing administrative oversight and supervisory leadership to the program staff through a hands-on, lead by example approach. Responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Case Management Support
- Carrying a small caseload of more challenging and complex clients
- Providing field-based case management and service coordination designed to assist residents with stabilizing in housing
- Overseeing service delivery by providing supervision to program staff, facilitating case consultation, guiding delivery, and providing support with complex or challenging issues
- Program Management & Oversight
- Working with team supervisors to ensure the successful implementation, coordination of participant services, achievement of program performance measures and service evaluations
- Partnering with the Quality Assurance Department to implement policies, procedures and practices that ensure the delivery of quality services that are in compliance with contractual obligations and agency standards.
- Assisting with and conducting supervisory meetings
- Providing regular feedback, guidance and training to program staff
- Program Outreach
- Representing PATH and the ICMS program within the community, at provider meetings, and at events
- Program Administration & Compliance
- Ensuring that all documentation standards set forth by the program contract and PATH polices are maintained through monitoring and regular audits
- Collaborating with the Quality Assurance Department to educate and coach staff on proper documentation
- Assisting with the completion and submission of program and contract reports as required by PATH, DHS, and other partners
- Program Development & Evaluation
- Serving as a liaison between the program and funder to ensure system level barriers are reduced through innovating and implementing strategies that are in alignment with the contract scope
- Utilizing program level data to assess and manage program staff performance and participant outcomes
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in social services related field (MSW, MFT preferred) OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Display excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example approach
- Have extensive experience in homeless services, case management, mental health and intensive case management services
- Demonstrate experience with program management functions including:
- Staff supervision, program development, and the implementation of policies and procedures
- Program start up and implementation
- Analyzing program procedures and practices to identify barriers to service delivery and making recommendations for course correction
- Monitoring and managing budgets
- Working with funders
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the interests of the agency and develop collaborative working relationships with a diverse range of individuals
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and organization with the ability to coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a leadership role in social services or related field
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a social services related field OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1813
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.