Housing Navigator - Veteran Services
Long Beach, CA 90805
Starting at $17.31/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in social services to join our South County Veteran Services Team as a Housing Navigator. This position will work as part of both our VASH and SSVF Programs in the South County.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Veteran Services Department provides Veterans who are currently experiencing or have experienced homelessness with a full range of supportive services designed to assist them in obtaining, maintaining and stabilizing in housing long-term.
WHAT IS A HOUSING NAVIGATOR?
As part of the Veteran Services Team, Housing Navigators provide program participants with specialized case management services focused in locating and securing permanent housing. In addition to direct client services, Housing Navigators also cultivate and maintain relationships with property management companies and landlords in the community to develop housing opportunities. Responsibilities of the Housing Navigator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing housing location support to participants
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with landlords and providing support as concerns arise
- Assisting with the development of individualized service plans for participants
- Helping to resolve tenant and landlord issues through collaboration with case management teams, tenants and property
- Providing property inspections and conducting office, home, and field visits with participants
- Maintaining complete and accurate documentation according to PATH and contract policies and standards
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have knowledge of California Fair Housing and Reasonable accommodation laws
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate proficiency with technology and computers, particularly Microsoft Office and Excel
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Navigator must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field OR have a comparable combination of education and experience
- Have 5 years of cumulative experience working with social services and populations in crisis AND/OR education or experience with property management and realty functions
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1808
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.