Program Manager - OAS
Long Beach, CA 90805
$58,240 annually DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with leadership experience in homeless services to join our South Los Angeles Older Adult Rapid Rehousing & Homeless Prevention as a Program Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Rapid Re-housing (RRH) Programs and Homelessness Prevention Programs provide services to assist older adult individuals and families who are experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness quickly obtain or sustain housing. These programs provide temporary financial assistance and services to return people experiencing homelessness to permanent housing or temporary financial assistance to prevent people from falling into homelessness.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager provides oversight of housing navigation and retention services, contract, program reporting, and new staff training as well as the development of partner within the community for OAS RRH Program. Responsibilities of the Program Manger
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing administrative oversight of all clinical contracts to ensure successful implementation, coordination of participant services, achievement of program performance measures, and evaluation of services provided.
- Creating and maintaining a case management philosophy within the program that focuses on building skills, reducing mental health and functional barriers in order to maintain housing.
- Ensuring the program identified above is in compliance with contracts, partnership agreements, and all other funding requirements, program goals, and stakeholder expectations
- Offering clinical support, training and oversight of intensive case management program including being available for clinical consultation for outreach and programming as needed
- Reviewing and authorizing all program and contract reports prior to submittal
- Reviewing and explaining contract scope and services to staff
- Providing direct supervision to all staff managing the aforementioned program
- Collaborating and working alongside the evaluation team to ensure program level data is used to assess and manage program staff, and program and client outcomes.
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in social services related field (MSW, MFT preferred) OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Display excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example approach
- Have experience in homeless services, case management, mental health and permanent supportive housing
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of evidence-based practices in service delivery such as intensive case management, motivational interviewing, harm reduction, critical time intervention and housing first
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability work in a variety of settings with a diverse range of individuals in a culturally sensitive and appropriate manner
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a leadership role in social services or related field
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a social services related field OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1807
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.