Operations Assistant – Project HomeKey
Long Beach, CA 90805
Starting at $17.31/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with relevant experience to join our Interim Housing team as an Operations Assistant to support our Project HomeKey interim housing program in Southern Los Angeles County.
We offer our employees a rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH's Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS AN OPERATIONS ASSISTANT?
The Operations Assistant assists the Director in the physical operation of PATH Interim Housing facilities including facility maintenance, supply management, kitchen operation support and residential living accommodations. Additionally, the Operations Assistant also helps with maintenance of all PATH equipment, buildings and property, office moves, and alterations.
Responsibilities of the Operations Assistant include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting regular maintenance and inspection of all PATH facilities and equipment
- Regularly checking the functionality of safety systems
- Troubleshooting equipment and systems; e.g. ventilation, hot water
- Preforming minor repairs throughout the facility including fixing damage, repairing locks, and other minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs
- Ensuring a high level of cleanliness of the facility including:
- Sweeping, mopping, stripping and waxing floors as necessary
- Cleaning rooms, stairwells, windows, and restrooms
- Removing refuse
- Installing appliances and equipment
- Picking up food and other donations as needed using the company vehicle
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the company vehicle and communicating vehicle as needed
- Communicating needed major repairs to supervisor in a timely manner
- Scheduling kitchen oil and bulky item removal and communicating and requesting additional trash pickups as necessary
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have at least one year of relevant experience
- Are committed to performing work with excellence and a high standard
- Display flexibility and effectively manage multiple and changing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Deal effectively with a diverse range of individuals at all organization levels
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise good judgement and make timely and sound decisions
- Understand safety requirements and cautions
- Are able to perform the physical labor necessary to accomplish jobs, including lifting up to 40 lbs.
For this role the Operations Assistant must:
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
at https://www.epath.org/careers and search for JR #1805
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.