Case Manager III – Project HomeKey
Long Beach, CA 90805
$17.31/hr - $24.04/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with case management experience to join our Project Homekey Program in the South Los Angeles County as a Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Project HomeKey is part of California’s emergency response to COVID-19 and provides housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness and who are at a high-risk for COVID-19. This program utilizes COVID relief funds to procure a variety of housing resources such as vacant apartments and hotels to house these individuals.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers help Project Homekey participants break the cycle of homelessness by assisting them with the establishment and pursuit of a permanent housing plan through accessing and maintaining necessary supportive services. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake and individualized needs assessment for all guests and assist team by collaborating with guests to develop Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining services, housing, and appropriate health care needs
- Providing ongoing case management support including assistance with benefits establishment (GR, SSI, TANF, Veterans pension, etc.), obtaining ID, birth certificate, social security cards, employment linkage, housing location and referrals to any other necessary services identified by the ISP
- Collaborating with referring organizations to coordinate guests’ care and ensure guests receive the services and support they need to achieve and maintain health, mental health, and housing stability
- Assisting and educate guests as needed about care and safety regarding their animals
- Advocating with prospective landlords and identifying appropriate permanent housing options for guests
- Assisting volunteers by providing necessary supports that ensure that they have a valuable experience
- Participate in staff meetings and assigned trainings
- Collaborate with the case management and operations teams to ensure that the facility is clean and safe
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have HMIS experience
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field OR have at least 2 years of experience of relevant experience in a related field
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1803
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.