Transportation Specialist – Yale Interim Housing
Santa Ana, CA 92704
$15.50/hr – 16.83/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with a passion for making a positive impact in the lives of others to join our Interim Housing team as a Transportation Specialist at the new Yale Transitional Center in Santa Ana.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The new Yale Transitional Center is a 425 bed interim housing site that will provide shelter and supportive services for individuals experiencing homelessness in Orange County. PATH's Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST?
As part of the Interim Housing team, the Transportation Specialist is responsible for transporting clients to and from the Yale site as necessary. Responsibilities of the Transportation Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Transporting passengers and their possessions in a safe and courteous manner
- Assisting passengers with boarding and loading luggage up to 25 lbs.
- Operating the company vehicle in accordance with all laws, regulations and policies
- Maintaining the daily vehicle maintenance log and coordinating with the Operations Department to schedule regular or necessary maintenance
- Maintaining client-related data tracking systems and documentation such as travel logs, incident reports and case notes in accordance with PATH policies, the program contracts and any other applicable guidelines
- Promoting and following the established Interim Housing values, guidelines and rules
- Providing a high-quality environment for all clients
- Assisting the case management staff with monitoring clients and coordinating volunteers
- Assisting with the preparation of meals for guests as needed
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have previous experience in customer relations or customer service
- Project a professional demeanor and interact effectively with diverse range of clientele
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excel in a fast-paced environment
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have a Commercial B License with passengers
- Employment Eligibility verification
- Reliable transportation
- Updated Tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening and drug test
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification through PATH
- Driving is an essential function of this position, to meet the requirements for the position incumbent:
- Must hold Valid CA Driver's License
- Must possess their own vehicle and provide proof of ownership
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1802
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.