Housing Specialist – Health Homes Program
San Diego, CA 92101
$19.23/hr - $20.19/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) with experience in social services and knowledge of housing practices and real estate functions to join our San Diego HHP as a Housing Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Health Homes Program (HHP) in San Diego provides eligible Medi-Cal beneficiaries that are experiencing or at risk of homelessness with enhanced care management and coordination services. HPP coordinates a full range of physical health, behavioral health, and community-based services to ensure the individuals served have access and receive the services necessary to address their complex medical needs and chronic conditions.
WHAT IS A HOUSING SPECIALIST?
As part of the HHP team, the Housing Specialist assists with engaging, managing and retaining landlord and property management company relationships to maintain a robust inventory of permanent housing options for program participants. Responsibilities of the Housing Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Cultivating and maintaining robust lists of available housing options
- Monitoring and evaluating the housing process to ensure successful collaboration between landlords and the housing program teams
- Providing customer services response for landlord concerns
- Providing mediation support to help resolve landlord and tenant disputes
- Executing property inspections
- Assist with the on-going development and maintenance of the program by assisting with landlord engagement events and networking within the community to identify opportunities for new or expanded partnerships
- Preparing case related reports and maintaining documentation standards as set forth by the program and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience with real estate and property management functions including knowledge supportive housing, housing city planning, public policy and Fair Housing Laws
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a variety of landlord and property management companies
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Are proficient with technology including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; Experience with Salesforce highly desired
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Specialist must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have at least 2 years of experience working in social services, with populations in crisis, property management and/or real estate practice
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1776
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.