Leave of Absence Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking well-qualified human resources professionals experienced in Leave of Absence Administration to join our Human Resources Department as the LOA Specialist. Experience with the Leave Management Solutions
platform and worker’s compensation claims highly desired.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Recognizing that homelessness is fundamentally a housing issue, PATH founded PATH Ventures (PV) in 2007, a non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing. PV possesses an ownership interest via limited partnerships in over a dozen residential communities plus several projects in active predevelopment.
WHAT IS THE LOA SPECIALIST?
The LOA Specialist supports PATH and PV operations and employees by managing all leaves of absence for the organization. Responsibilities of the LOA Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Serving as the subject matter expert for leave programs
- Interpreting and administering leave programs and polices in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws
- Administering all aspects of employee leave programs including providing extensive case management and coordinating all administrative aspects of cases and claims
- Overseeing all aspects of LOA processes including the facilitation and tracking of meetings and documentation necessary to ensure compliance
- Coordinating and organizing all leave-related medical information in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Employee privacy guidelines
- Working closely with employees to ensure all relevant documentation is completed and accounted for
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience with Leave Management Solutions platform
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, human resources or related field
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA and employee privacy standards
- Have experience analyzing information and converting related activities into a comprehensive workplan
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the LOA Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of experience managing leave cases (FMLA, ADA, CRFA, etc.); experiencing managing Worker’s Compensation claims highly desired by not required
- Demonstrate experience with all aspects of the various types of LOA, including experience with the ADA accommodation process
- Have 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1828
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.