Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $24/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in procurement to join our Finance Department as a Procurement Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
PATH is a $85M non-profit that provides a comprehensive continuum of homeless services throughout California. Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has taken a “whatever it takes” approach to pioneer bold and effective ways to assist those experiencing homelessness. This includes the foundation of PATH Ventures in 2007, a non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing. Today, services are centered in a Housing First philosophy and are provided in over 140 cities across California.
WHAT IS A PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST?
The Procurement Specialist assists the Director of Procurement with managing the purchasing for PATH. The Procurement Specialist handles many aspects of the procurement process as well as managing procurement data and systems. Responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Partnering with the Director to establish the Procurement Department as the first point of contact for suppliers and vendors
- Working with the Director to develop, maintain and implement efficient workflows and policies and procedures for the PATH procurement process
- Managing and handling daily procurement requests including communicating with PATH status regarding status updates for requests
- Fulfilling smaller procurement requests and assisting the Director with larger requests
- Researching sources for goods and services in accordance with PATH policies and procedures
- Working with vendors to manage accounts and resolve issues, escalating matters to the Director as necessary
- Partnering with the Director to establish new accounts with vendors
- Managing and assisting with procurement for all PATH needs including, but not limited to:
- Start up needs for new shelters
- Regional purchasing needs
- Auto and Van purchases
- Company branded stock purchases
- IT and facilities purchases in conjunction with the respective departments
- Handling expense activities and tracking, including submitting purchasing card expenses weekly, handling returns and credits, and tracking orders and services in transit
- Managing procurement data and systems including:
- Administering company ordering platforms
- Entering procurement data into appropriated systems
- Creating and running reports
- Working with the IT Department to maintain updated employee equipment logs
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in purchasing, business or accounting
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a procurement fuction
- Have experience in the non-profit environment
- Demonstrate experience with Filebound, Intacct, Asset Tiger, and Microsoft Teams
- Display strong negotiation, decision making and data analysis skills
- Are proficient with technology and computers, especially Microsoft Office
- Project a professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Maintain and execute confidential information appropriately and in accordance with all applicable polices and lawas
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Procurement Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1787
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.