Lancaster, CA 93535
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in social services and supportive housing to join our HPP Department as a Leasing Specialist in Lancaster, CA. This position will be based out of our main office in Lancaster and provide field-based services throughout the area.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Housing Partnerships Program (HPP) works to develop and maintain long-term housing partnerships with landlords and properties in Los Angeles and Southern California. This includes heading the development and real-time documentation of available housing resources, providing tenant and property mediation support, and spearheading best practices to develop relationships and rapport with the landlord community.
WHAT IS A LEASING SPECIALIST?
As part of the HPP team, the Leasing Specialist works directly with case management staff, service providers, landlords and property managers to provide leasing retention services to ensure tenants leased through HPP successfully retain their housing over time. Responsibilities of the Leasing Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Coordinating all phases of participant move-ins
- Working both independently and in conjunction with Housing Specialists to assist with housing placement and landlord support
- Liaising with and providing customer service support to landlords and housing program staff for any concerns that may arise
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of plans to address landlord and tenant issues
- Providing education to landlords and community providers regarding applicable Fair Housing Laws
- Executing various property inspections in alignment with PATH, LAHSA, and HUD procedures and standards
- Preparing case related reports and maintaining complete and accurate documentation in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines
- Creating and maintaining property and landlord portfolios
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Demonstrate knowledge of Local, State, and Federal Fair Housing Laws
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies
- Demonstrate proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Suite; Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrate experience with property management and real estate functions; highly preferred
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Leasing Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of experience working with social services, populations in crisis (including those experiencing homeless and with disabilities), property management and/or real estate practice
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Be able and willing to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1763
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.