Community Health Worker - HPP
San Diego, CA 92101
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking with experience in healthcare, case management or homeless services to join our Health Homes Program in San Diego as a Community Health Worker.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Health Homes Program (HHP) in San Diego provides eligible Medi-Cal beneficiaries that are experiencing or at risk of homelessness with enhanced care management and coordination services. HPP coordinates a full range of physical health, behavioral health, and community-based services to ensure the individuals served have access and receive the services necessary to address their complex medical needs and chronic conditions.
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER?
As part of the HPP team, the Community Health Worker works to engage and enroll eligible individuals in the HPP program and ensure enrolled participants have the necessary support and access to receive necessary services. Responsibilities of the Community Health Worker include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting various forms of outreach to engage potential enrollees
- Conducting initial assessments and periodic reassessments of clients’ needs
- Developing patient-focused care plans in partnership with other providers and the client
- Collaborating with HPP Care Coordinators, managed care plans and providers to coordinate the fulfillment of clients’ medical needs
- Providing linkage and referrals to clients and their families for necessary services
- Conducting retention services, such as phone calls and home visits, to maintain client engagement
- Providing assistance with appointment scheduling, attendance, and medication refills
- Monitoring client satisfaction surveys and providing timely responses and resolutions for complaints or concerns
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate knowledge of chronic medical conditions, mental illness, substance use, and homelessness
- Display working knowledge of available social and health services and have a basic understanding of public benefits and entitlements
- Are trained in Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care and other evidenced-based service delivery methods
- Demonstrate strong skills technology including electronic health record systems and Microsoft Software; Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel highly desired
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Community Health Worker must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology or related field OR have an equivalent combination of relevant education and professional experience
- Have at least 1 year of experience in healthcare, case management or homeless services
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1760
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.