Housing Specialist – C3 Veterans San Diego
San Diego, CA
$19.24/hr - $21.64/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates ready to turn their knowledge of the San Diego rental market into a force for good to join our team as a Housing Specialist in our newly funded C3V Program. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization known for making a positive impact throughout Southern California!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Community Care Coordination for Veterans (C3V) Program provides comprehensive care coordination, service navigation, and housing assistance for veterans who have serious mental illness, are homeless or at-risk of homelessness, and are either currently incarcerated or have been recently released from custody.
WHAT IS A HOUSING SPECIALIST?
As part of the multidisciplinary C3V Program team, the Housing Specialist provides specialized case management support related to housing for veterans in the program. Responsibilities of the Housing Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting comprehensive assessments to assess housing barriers, and determine housing and assistance eligibility, and identify needs for placement services, financial assistance, and other resources
- Assisting with the development, implementation and monitoring of individualized housing, financial, and self-sufficiency plans for each client
- Meeting with clients on a regular basis to provide on-going support in addressing housing barriers and review progress towards obtaining stable housing
- Facilitating the accurate and timely submission of housing documentation by providing assistance with gathering supporting documents, completing documentation and submission
- Ensuring a strong inventory of available housing by working to develop and maintain a robust database of housing opportunities though relationship building with landlords and properties
- Working directly with landlords and properties to secure housing for clients including negotiating leases and providing mediation and advocacy support
- Developing and providing materials for distribution to clients and staff that support client education and success in obtaining and sustaining housing such as information on tenants’ rights and responsibilities, housing discrimination, and conflict resolution
- Maintaining documentation standards for all program related data in accordance with program contract and PATH polices
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate understanding of the rental market in San Diego
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of applicable Federal, State, and local laws, codes regulations, polices and procedures
- Demonstrate understanding and the application of principles and practices related to data collection and report preparation
- Are technology proficient including a strong undemanding of Microsoft Word and Excel and electronic data base systems
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR#1739
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.