Activities Coordinator – Mission Valley PSH
San Diego, CA 92108
$19.24/hr - $21.63/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about helping others make a positive change in their lives to join our new Mission Valley PSH (MVPSH) site as the Activities Coordinator.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Mission Valley is a new Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) development in San Diego that will provide homes and on-site supportive services for people who have experienced homelessness. The PSH setting centralizes services on-site to ensure residents have immediate and easy access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration.
WHAT IS AN ACTIVITES COORDIATOR?
As part of the PSH team, the Activities Coordinator assists clients with breaking the cycle of homelessness by planning and organizing activities designed to promote housing stabilization and community integration. Responsibilities of the Activities Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Developing and leading workshop and activities in subject areas that promote housing stability and integration into the MVPSH community such as independent living skills, money management, and employment
- Performing needs and interest surveys to ensure activities are tailored to the needs of residents
- Creating a monthly calendar of activities and maintain attendance records for all scheduled events
- Scheduling outings for residents by coordinating with community partners and volunteers
- Handling general administrative support for the MVSPH site including clerical support, handling the reception desk, handling inquires regarding referral procedures and other MVPSH activities, overseeing community spaces, and managing the inventory or donations, supplies and other resources
- Assisting with mediation and advocacy for clients to help maintain housing and services and providing assistance in crisis situations as appropriate and necessary, whether through de-escalation and conflict resolution or calling in additional support
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and high standards in their work
- Display strong interpersonal skills including a professionally demeanor and the ability to build effective working relationships with a diverse range individuals at all organizational levels
- Are proficient with technology, especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrate acute attention to detail
- Demonstrate flexibility and versatility and are comfortable and willing to work within constantly changing priorities
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally and effectively follow both written and verbal instructions
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and organization and demonstrate ability to coordinate multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
For this role the Activities Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a social services related field and have at least 3 years of relevant experience OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1736
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.