Los Angeles, CA 90004
$17.31/hr - $19.23/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking sharp and tech savvy candidates passionate about ending homelessness to join our team as a Receptionist for our new Metro Villas Welcome Center. The Welcome Center serves as the main reception area for all incoming traffic to the campus so ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive interactions are a must.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The PATH Metro Villas Campus, located in Los Angeles, is a PATH Ventures development that includes PATH’s main administrative office, affordable housing and an interim housing site. The Metro Villas Welcome Center serves as the main reception area for all incoming visitors to the campus.
WHAT IS A RECPTIONIST?
The Receptionist is responsible for handling general reception duties in the Metro Villas Welcome Center and providing general support to the Administrative Department. Responsibilities of the receptionist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Handling and directing a high volume of walk-ins and phone-calls
- Answering questions about the PATH organization and its programs and providing information as appropriate or requested
- Handling heavy voicemails and emails and routing to the correct personnel
- Handling a high volume of incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Maintaining and distributing an updated directory for all PATH departments and programs
- Maintaining office supply inventory
- Providing support to the Administrative Department for special projects and supporting other administrative staff as assigned
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience working with the homeless community and are familiar with issues of particular relevance to homelessness
- Are trained in nonviolent crisis intervention, mental health first aid, CPR, motivational interviewing or other related skills
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize strong judgement and interpersonal skills to manage sensitive client interactions including with those who may be in distress with acute illness, substance use issues, co-morbidity of behavioral and physical heath issues in addition to homelessness
- Effectively work with people from a diverse range of backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Type at 30 WPM
- Campus is a PATH Ventures development that includes PATH’s main administrative office, affordable housing and an interim housing site.
- Demonstrate strong front-desk management skills that effectively serve both business visitors and clients
- Display strong problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Demonstrate acute attention to detail and superior organization ability
- Project a professional demeanor and a high level of professionalism when dealing with sensitive matters
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Receptionist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold an Associate’s Degree or equivalent and have a minimum of 3 years of related experience OR have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Speak, read, write, and understand the English language; Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1635
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.