Clinician - San Diego C3
San Diego, CA 92101
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates registered with the California BBS to join our San Diego Programs as a Clinician in our C3 Program.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A CLINICIAN?
The Community Care Coordination (C3) Program provides comprehensive care coordination, service navigation, and housing assistance for adults who have serious mental illness, are homeless or at-risk of homelessness, and are either currently incarcerated or have been recently released from custody.
As part of the multidisciplinary C3 Program team, the Clinician provides clinical support to participants as well as clinical consultation and support to program staff to ensure appropriate levels of care for every client. Responsibilities of the Clinician include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Performing initial biopsychosocial assessments and developing plans of intervention that address identified needs for housing, case management services, substance abuse treatment, mental health services and coordination of necessary community services
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized care plans that address short- and long-term goals
- Meeting with clients on as-needed basis to provide on-going therapeutic supportive case management services that address clients’ barriers to obtaining and maintaining housing, including their criminogenic needs, assess treatment plan progress to ensure outcomes are met or changed as necessary, and promote client independence and recovery
- Conducting crisis and suicide risk assessments and providing appropriate intervention services as necessary
- Identifying permanent supportive housing units and work closely with clients to move from street to home as quickly as possible
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have experience in homeless services or a related field and have strong skills in case conferencing
- Are familiar and comfortable with issues related to homelessness, substance use, mental health diagnosis and history of trauma
- Have experience with psychosocial assessment, working with clients with co-occurring or tri-morbid conditions, field-based case management interventions, Housing First and Critical Time Intervention practices, Harm Reduction and Motivational Interviewing strategies, Crisis Intervention, and evidence-based practices in service delivery
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Clinician must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work or Marriage Family Therapy and have at least 2 years of experience providing case management services
- Be registered with the California Board of Behavioral Science
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1735
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.