Outreach Case Manager III – South County Programs
Long Beach, CA 90805
Starting at $19.23/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) is seeking passionate candidates to join our Street Outreach Program in South Los Angeles County as an Outreach Case Manager. This position will be based out of Long Beach and provide services in 28 cities within south Los Angeles County.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Street Outreach programs work to engage individuals who are currently homeless and living on the streets in an effort to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH CASE MANAGER?
Outreach Case Managers play a key role at PATH as one of the first points of contact for homeless clients in the Los Angeles community. They utilize PATH’s street outreach integrated approach to provide outreach, engagement and case management interventions to quickly assess and link people experiencing homelessness and living on the streets with supportive services designed to help them obtain permanent housing. Responsibilities of the Outreach Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting daily street outreach to develop relationships and build rapport to assist clients with addressing barriers to obtaining services, housing and health care
- Meeting with established clients on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of their goals
- Providing street case management services by bringing services to clients in the community with the goal of linking them to long term supportive services. This includes:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining personal identification documents
- Providing employment linkages and assistance
- Housing referrals
- Healthcare related assistance
- Other referrals as necessary to ensure all client needs are met
- Building relationships and collaborating with community providers for substance use and mental health services to ensure seamless transitions from street outreach to long-term services
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have the ability to maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques such as critical time intervention, strategies for harm reduction, crisis intervention, and motivational interviewing
- Have lived experience with homelessness, substance use or mental health challenges
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or have at least 2 years of experience in street outreach with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health, and substance abuse issues
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1726
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.