Housing Navigator – SPA 7 Recovery Rehousing
Long Beach, CA 90802***
Salary: Starting at $17.30/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in social services to join our South County Program’s new Recovery Rehousing Program as a Housing Navigator.
***Although your home office will be located in Long Beach this team serves participants living in Service Planning Area 7, or SPA 7: Service Planning Area 7, or SPA 7: Artesia, Bell, Bellflower, Bell Gardens, Cerritos, City of Commerce, City Terrace, Cudahy, Downey, East Los Angeles, Hawaiian Gardens, Huntington Park, La Habra Heights, Lakewood, La Mirada, Los Nietos, Maywood, Montebello, Norwalk, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, Signal Hill, South Gate, Vernon, Walnut Park, Whittier, and others.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Recovery Rehousing program focuses on assisting those experiencing homelessness who are at a high risk for COVID-19 or have a high level of acuity and need in obtaining permanent housing. Services are provided to households, individuals, and youth experiencing homelessness through a tailored package of time-limited financial assistance and targeted supportive services.
WHAT IS A HOUSING NAVIGATOR?
The Housing Navigator provides field-based, housing-focused case management services to clients in the Recovery Rehousing Program. Responsibilities of the Housing Navigator Include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing strengths-based case management services that support housing stabilization including, but not limited to:
- Independent living skills
- Housing location and application support
- Advocating for clients with prospective landlords and property management companies
- Attending housing appointments as requested or necessary
- Assistance with increasing or obtaining income including assistance with employment linkage and benefits establishment
- Linkage to community providers for substance use, primary and mental health care
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment and housing plans that address short- and long-term goals
- Providing on-going support to ensure plan goals are met or adjusted as necessary
- Maintaining documentation as set forth by the program contract and PATH standards
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Navigator must:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in social services
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1666
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.