Staffing & Recruitment Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in staffing and recruitment at all levels of an organization to join our growing Human Resources Department as a Staffing & Recruitment Specialist. This position plays a key role in supporting PATH’s programs and mission to end homelessness, so strong organizational skills, staffing and recruitment knowledge and customer service aptitude are a must!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A STAFFING & RECRUITMENT SPECIALIST?
As part of the Human Resources team, the Staffing & Recruitment Specialist carries out a wide variety of staffing functions dependent on specific departmental and programmatic needs. Responsibilities of the Staffing & Recruitment Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Receiving, reviewing, and generating requests and notifications of personnel actions such as Position Requisitions and Requests to Offer
- Coordinating with hiring managers to identify current and future hiring needs and contract requirements
- Drafting job advertisement and descriptions that maintain compliance with both legal and contract requirements
- Utilizing the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to open and post job openings and facilitate the hiring process between applicants and hiring managers
- Sourcing, reviewing, and prescreening resumes to determine qualifications and match applicants with job requirements
- Interviewing applicants to determine fit for open positions based on qualifications, skills, work history, training and education
- Maintaining EEO compliance by reviewing job ads and hiring decisions to ensure an equitable recruiting process
- Maintaining up to date records or applicants in accordance with legal and compliance requirements
- Attending job fairs and organizing in-house recruitment events
- Performing internal reporting on various staffing metrics
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have strong knowledge of the principles and procedures related to recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation and personnel information systems
- Successfully manage complex and stressful situations while maintaining a strong sense of customer service that fosters effective and positive working relationships with fellow
- Are exceptionally tech-savvy including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with ATS’s and resume databases
- Have knowledge of statistical and other research methods and procedures
- Effectively communicate in writing and orally with demonstrated ability to explain instructions and guidelines to others
- Exercise sound judgement in analyzing facts and arriving at conclusions
- Exercise absolute discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Effectively organize and maintain high volumes of documentation
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Staffing & Recruitment Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Psychology, Business Administration or related field and have at least 2 years of experience in staffing and recruitment at all levels of an organization and human resources management OR have an equivalent combination of training and experience beyond an Associate’s Degree
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1720
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.