Case Manager III - SSVF
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $17.31/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking Master’s Level candidates to join our Veteran Services Department SSVF Program in the Metro LA area as a Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s SSVF Programs work to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning into permanent housing. The SSVF program focuses heavily on linking Veterans to resources provided by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
As part of the multidisciplinary SSVF Program team, Case Managers provide mobile, direct-client services that help participants achieve long-term housing stability by reducing functional, health and mental health barriers and promoting recovery and community integration. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing case management services including independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, benefits establishment and linkage with community services or providers for all identified needs
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans that address short- and long-term goals
- Providing on-going support to assess progress and ensure that treatment plan outcomes are changed or met as necessary
- Conducting crisis and risk assessments in consultation with supervisor
- Providing crisis intervention services that enhance client independence including their ability to problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
- Providing individual or group therapy as needed
- Providing clinical consultation and supervision to other PATH team members
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in human services related field (MSW or MFT strongly preferred)
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Have experience with HMIS
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and have two years of relevant experience
- Be able and willing to provide community and in-home services on a regular basis
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1710
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.