VASH Specialist – SSVF
Hollywood, CA 90028
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking candidates with experience working in homeless services to join our Veterans Services Programs as a VASH Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s SSVF Program works to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning into permanent housing. The SSVF program focuses heavily on linking Veterans to resources provided by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program.
WHAT IS A VASH SPECIALIST?
Under the supervision of the Team Supervisor, the VASH Specialist facilitates SSVF’s ongoing partnerships with in-house and community-based VASH programs to ensure Veteran participants receive the support needed to obtain and maintain housing. This includes:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Serving as the point of contact for all SSVF-VASH referrals
- Facilitation of SSVF-VASH services including referrals, screening & enrollment, financial assistance, and exit processes
- Building and maintaining relationships with VASH homeless service providers by providing education on program criteria and additional support as needed
- Executing, ensuring, tracking and managing program documentation
- Coordinating county-wide care with VASH providers
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience working with the homeless population or at-risk Veterans and families
- Have strong organization, planning and time management skills
- Are technology proficient
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and can effectively interact with culturally diverse populations in a sensitive and appropriate manner
- Effectively resolve and cope with immediate conflict
- Preferably have HMIS experience and knowledge of Public Housing Authority and housing subsidies
For this role the VASH Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1708
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.