San Jose, CA 95112
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking sharp candidates with experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment to join our San Jose team as the Program Associate. Those with lived experience are welcome and encouraged to apply!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM ASSOCIATE?
The Program Associate plays a key role in the day-to-day operations of PATH’s San Jose programs by providing general administrative support to San Jose leadership, staff, residents and clients. Responsibilities of the Program Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Greeting, welcoming and directing PATH residents, visitors and guests and creating a warm welcoming environment
- Providing clerical and administrative support to management and direct line staff
- Assisting with office management duties such as IT support and maintenance
- Coordinating the purchase and procurement of approved supplies, equipment, and client assistance items
- Assisting with the onboarding new staff
- Assisting with researching, drafting, preparing and completing written documentation and correspondence for special projects, reports, presentations, meetings and general communication
- Monitoring and maintaining client-related tracking systems and data, purchase records, and other documentation as required by PATH policies and federal, state and county guidelines
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Handle data entry efficiently and accuracy
- Demonstrate computer proficiency with especially strong skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Are flexible, adaptable and demonstrate the capability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Associate must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 3 years of experience working with vulnerable populations or in a non-profit setting
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Have an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1705
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.