Case Manager III - PSS
Los Angeles, CA 90044
Salary: $21.63 - $24.03/Hourly
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in homeless services to join our PSS program in South Los Angeles as a Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s PSS programs provide a full range of supportive services in a Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) setting to individuals who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. Services are centralized and provided to clients living on-site to ensure ease of access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers offer evidence-based, recovery-orientated services in to individuals living in the PSH setting. Services are provided on-site, in tenants’ homes, in the field or wherever supportive services are needed and focus on identifying and addressing barriers to maintaining housing long-term. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Preforming initial assessments and annual assessment updates
- Collaborating with tenants to create individualized service plans that address short and long-term goals
- Meeting with tenants on at least a weekly basis to provide services and service coordination designed to assist clients in maintaining stable housing and integrating into the community
- Providing service coordination and case management support including independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, employment, benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for primary and mental health care and substance use
- Collaborating with other PSH staff and community partners to plan and facilitate regular onsite groups and activities that enhance life skills, health and wellness and housing stability among tenants
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Are familiar with evidence-based practices effective with vulnerable populations including housing first, harm reduction, motivational interviewing, critical time intervention and trauma-informed care
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field and have 1 year of relevant experience
- Have at least 2 years of experience with the target population in a similar field
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1679
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.