Director of Facilities Management & Operations
Statewide in California
Starting at $76,000 annually
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking experienced candidates well-versed in leadership and facilities management or building maintenance to join our mission to end homelessness as the Director of Facilities Management & Operations. This position oversees our operations and facilities across California and has the flexibility to be based out of one of our multiple locations statewide.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS THE DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS?
The Director of Facilities Management and Operations serves a key role at PATH, handling the full supervising responsibility of our facilities statewide. This position serves as a key strategic partner to the PATH leadership, ensuring that our occupied buildings and offices are attended to in a manner that complements and enhances the overall mission of PATH. Responsibilities of the Director of Facilities Management and Operations include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and directing the maintenance, groundskeeping, custodial, facilities and security operations of PATH
- Assisting with the coordination of PATH security safety program across all facilities
- Handling personnel and technical issues relating to facilities and maintenance, such as determining appropriate materials and personnel to handle projects
- Training, supervising, directing, evaluating and participating in the selection of staff
- Providing appropriate direction to assure effective and efficient use of resources that maintain PATH facilities
- Assisting with the PATH’s disaster preparedness plan and assisting with disaster training exercises
- Preparing and maintaining record and reports related to the assigned areas of responsibility
- Managing and overseeing the use of vehicles for PATH company purposes, including directing and coordinating the use of company vehicles by PATH staff and functions associated with using vehicles for company use such as vehicle rentals
- Directing and coordinating the maintenance of the PATH fixed asset and equipment inventory
- Communicating with PATH staff, departments and outside contractors and civic organizations regarding facilities and operations matters
- Developing and managing the annual department budget
- Establishing written guidelines and specifications for building systems to be considered when searching for new buildings
- Performing minor maintenance and repairs as necessary
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Display enhance negotiation abilities
- Are proficient with technology, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Work effectively both independently and on a team with minimal supervision
- Have experience in staff development and training
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and have a proven ability to develop creative solutions.
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Director of Facilities Management & Operations must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Property Management, Business Administration or field related to maintenance and construction
- Have at least 6 years of experience in property or facility management or building maintenance, including at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1699
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.