Residential Service Coordinator – Zephyr
San Diego, CA 92120
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in permanent supportive housing to join our San Diego Programs as a Residential Service Coordinator. This position is based out of Zephyr, a San Diego Housing Commission partnership development.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Zephyr is a partnership development through the San Diego Housing Commission that provides affordable housing and on-site supportive services to low income Veterans who are experiencing homelessness to promote long-term housing stability. On-site supportive services are provided by PATH and consist of a full range of case management support designed to improve overall health and wellness and achieve long-term housing stability.
WHAT IS A RESIDENTIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR?
Residential Service Coordinators provide individualized client support to Zephyr tenants to assist them maintaining and sustaining housing and ultimately break the cycle of homelessness. Responsibilities of the Residential Service Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake and needs assessments for tenants and collaborating with them to develop individualized service plans (ISP) that address maintaining stable housing, maintaining or increasing income, and the residents’ personal goals
- Connecting with tenants on a monthly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of ISP goals
- Developing solid relationships with tenants and community partners that enhance engagement and retaining permanent housing
- Providing tenants with on-going case management support as needed including assistance with obtaining documentation, benefits establishment, employment linkage and resource linkage
- Providing resource support to the case management team
- Scheduling and conducting new tenant orientations and coordinating on-site events that support long-term housing stability
- Maintaining client related tracking systems, ensuring all documentation is in compliance, and preparing case related reports
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have experience in homeless services, case management, mental health and permanent supportive housing
- Have experience with HMIS, preferred
- Are proficient with computers and software, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Residential Service Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred OR have equivalent experience in related field
- Have at least 2 years of case management experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1692
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.