Los Angeles, CA 90014
$54,080 Annually, DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with supervisory experience in homeless services to join our Outreach Program in the DCBID in Los Angeles as the Team Supervisor.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The DCBID (Downtown Center Business Improvement District) Outreach Program engages with individuals experiencing homelessness and living on the streets of Downtown Los Angeles to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS A TEAM SUPERVISOR?
The Team Supervisor is responsible for the direct oversight of the case management team within the DCBID, including administrative and service delivery supervision. They may also provide direct client services as necessary to support the goals of the program. Responsibilities of the Team Supervisor include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing guidance and direction to direct-service staff, such as supervising the development of individualized housing plans
- Overseeing all phases of client services including screening, intake, case management and exit processes
- Facilitating staff meeting and case conferences
- Maintaining documentation standards and ensuring all program data is accurate and entered into the documentation system as required by the contract
- Representing the program in local meetings with community partners
- Regularly presenting monitored data and outcomes to the Program Manager and Associate Director
- Handling staff time cards and leave requests
- Handling employee performance management, such as correction action planning, for direct reports in partnership with the Program Manager
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and interact with a diverse range of individuals and communities in a manner that is culturally sensitive and appropriate
- Display excellent leadership abilities with a hands-on, lead-by-example approach
For this role the Team Supervisor must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Have at least 2 years of supervisory experience in homeless services or working with vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1689
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.