Program Associate II
San Diego, CA 92101
Starting at $16.83/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with relevant experience in social services to join our San Diego Veteran and Community Innovations Team as a Program Associate.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH San Diego’s Veteran and Community Innovations programs provides a full-range of supportive services to Veterans and their families who are currently experiencing or have experienced homelessness.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM ASSOCIATE?
The Program Associate provides general administrative support for the program staff and participants. Additionally, the Program associate also oversees the entrance to the program site to ensure staff and clients are welcomed into a warm and inviting environment. Responsibilities of the Program Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Assisting with new hire staffing and on-boarding in collaboration with the Human Resources department
- Coordinating program communication and drafting correspondence
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed to staff and clients
- Assisting with research, preparation and written documentation for special projects, presentations and meetings
- Planning and coordinating meetings
- Coordinating the completion of housing related documents for clients
- Preparing case-related reports
- Maintaining client related tracking systems and generating data for reporting
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with case management techniques effective with highly vulnerable populations
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Associate must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and have a minimum of 3 years of related experience OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1669
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.